Saturday 20 August 2011

Upcycle your jewelry!

Welcome to simoneandginko, I'm Simone.

I've been creating jewelry on and off since I was a teenager. First collecting beads, wires and hooks, and then making jewelry for my friends and family. Now I've decided to share the love - I'm going to teach you how to make your own jewelry!

In this day and age, it's really important to use what we have rather than creating more and more items to fill up the world. So my jewelry workshops will help you to upcycle old necklaces, earrings, bracelets etc, to use beautiful beads you may have been given by your grandmother or great aunt, and to turn those random op-shop finds into an elegant piece of jewelry for you to wear.

The next workshop will be held on Saturday 27 August, 10:00 - 12:30pm. Please contact me if you'd like to attend. Cost is $25 including materials and morning tea.

Currently the workshops are only being offered in Canberra, however if you're interested and don't live in Canberra, send me a message and I'll see how I might be able to help. My workshops can also be tailored to parties and other events.

No comments:

Post a Comment